Articles on singing technique
I have written a number of articles to help explain aspects of singing technique. The articles are based on my experience as a professional opera singer, my study of singing technique and my work as a singing teacher.
I hope you find the articles helpful.
Articles by Cathy Pope on Singing Technique:
- Latest Article: Thoughts on finding a good relationship between air, vibration at the cords and resonance
- Notes on the Bass Voice and some Case Studies
- What the Fach is that? A lighthearted title for a serious topic
- Singing Guidance
- The artistic relationship to vocal technique
- Technique for the Coloratura Soprano
- Vowels and finding what is sometimes termed "the narrow place"
- Breath as Inspiration
- Use of the Breath in Singing - Questions and Answers
- Balance and Imbalance in singing posture - Questions and Answers
- The Cuperto exercise
- The teachers of my student years who inspired me